Caravanwise caravan insurance logo
Folding Camper Insurance   Click Here to Call FREE

Trailer Tent Insurance Frequently Asked Questions - policy exclusions

Scroll to the bottom of the page for more questions

Question: Are there any specific exclusions that apply to folding campers that I need to be aware of?

Answer: Exclusions are things which are not covered on the policy. Some things are obvious others need to be pointed out because otherwise you will not be aware of them.

Cover Limit for your personal possessions, valuables or audio and visual equipment in a trailer tent or folding camper is £1,000. This is because of the inherent lack of security. Often, if they are not already, you can have these things added to your household contents policy as personal possessions away from the home, all risks. As we said previously you may already have this cover, check with your insurer to find out or if you can add it. This is worthwhile cover for your outdoor lifestyle anyway.

In common with most caravan policies, mildew and vermin damage is excluded which makes it particularly important that you dry the canvas element of your folding camper before storage and take steps to exclude vermin.

Wear and tear and mechanical breakdown are not covered. Defective construction or faulty design is not covered, this isn't an extended warranty.

Note: If you are an existing client you can request a copy of your policy contract by telephoning 0800 3282084 during office hours.

Question: What security do I have to use on my trailer tent or folding camper?

Question: Can I loan my camper to family and friends?

Question: Can I take my trailer tent or folding camper to Europe?

Question: What amount will I have to pay as an excess if I have to make a claim?

Question: How do I make a claim?

Question: What do I need to do to insure my folding camper or trailer tent on a new for old basis until it is 10 years old?

Question: Am I legally obliged to have insurance in the UK for a trailer or caravan?

Question: What would happen if camper was damaged on my way to our holiday destination and I am unable to use it as a result?

Question: Where can I check if my car is suitable to tow a caravan or folding camper?


Insurance Articles

Best Campervan Insurance - Travel Insurance - Cheap Home Insurance - Insurance Fraud - Insurance Regulator - Insurance Complaints - Motor Insurance Data - Caravan Towing Law

We are here to help.

help assistant

Call our Dorset office on:
0800 328 2084
Click to Call Free
Mon - Fri   9am - 6pm
Sat   10am - 12noon


Download the Trailer Tent Insurance IPID. An easy to understand brief summary of cover.

Trailer Tent Insurance Leaflet

Relax and let us take care of your insurance.

Caravanwise Limited

Insurance Intermediary and Credit Broker
100 Ringwood Road, Walkford, Christchurch, Dorset BH23 5RF
Registered in England No.3560388
Authorised and regulated
by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Our FCA Register number is 304081.


Site contents and design ©2023 Caravanwise Limited All rights reserved
Caravanwise is a registered Trademark.