Caravanwise caravan insurance logo
Folding Camper Insurance   Click Here to Call FREE

Trailer Tent Insurance Frequently Asked Questions - new for old cover

Scroll to the bottom of the page for more questions

What do I need to do to insure my folding camper or trailer tent on a new for old basis until it is 10 years old?

Answer: You can cover your trailer tent or folding camper on a new for old basis until it is 10 years old. If you want this cover you need to tell us if you want it and ensure that you cover your camper for a sufficient amount, see note below.

It is important that you ensure that you maintain the sums insured at a sufficient level. This means that you must cover it for the full, new, replacement cost of the nearest currently available model plus any equipment you want covered. You need to tell us when you take the policy out and at renewal if you need to change the sums insured.

If you have new for old cover and have ensured sufficient sums insured and your folding camper is stolen and not recovered or damaged beyond economic repair then it will be replaced with a new one of the nearest equivalent model available. The loss adjusters will liaise with you to ensure that your claim is settled in a fair and satisfactory manner. The most that will be paid is the sum insured on the schedule.

Full details of claims settlement are contained in your policy booklet.

Question: What security do I have to use on my trailer tent or folding camper?

Question: Can I loan my camper to family and friends?

Question: Can I take my trailer tent or folding camper to Europe?

Question: What amount will I have to pay as an excess if I have to make a claim?

Question: Are there any exclusions that I need to be aware of?

Question: How do I make a claim?

Question: What do I need to do to insure my folding camper or trailer tent on a new for old basis until it is 10 years old?

Question: Am I legally obliged to have insurance in the UK for a trailer or caravan?

Question: What would happen if camper was damaged on my way to our holiday destination and I am unable to use it as a result?

Question: Where can I check if my car is suitable to tow a caravan or folding camper?

Insurance Articles

Best Campervan Insurance - Travel Insurance - Cheap Home Insurance - Insurance Fraud - Insurance Regulator - Insurance Complaints - Motor Insurance Data - Caravan Towing Law

We are here to help.

help assistant

Call our Dorset office on:
0800 328 2084
Click to Call Free
Mon - Fri   9am - 6pm
Sat   10am - 12noon


Download the Trailer Tent Insurance IPID. An easy to understand brief summary of cover.

Trailer Tent Insurance Leaflet

Relax and let us take care of your insurance.

Caravanwise Limited

Insurance Intermediary and Credit Broker
100 Ringwood Road, Walkford, Christchurch, Dorset BH23 5RF
Registered in England No.3560388
Authorised and regulated
by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Our FCA Register number is 304081.


Site contents and design ©2023 Caravanwise Limited All rights reserved
Caravanwise is a registered Trademark.